Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Something Truly SALTy

Summer isn't really the time to talk about bath salts. 

But as I was cleaning our bathroom the other day, I found these. And because I had had enough cleaning, and frankly, had forgotten about the Tiffany blue bag of bath salts above the tub, I opened it and had a whiff. 

The strong smells of lavender and sea salt had me entranced, as did the pretty packaging. 



It turns out that these salts can be used for a lot more than just a hot winter bath. My favorite summer use for these is as an exfoliant: mix a small amount with your body wash, and you've got a lovely lavender scrub. 

Sea Salt is terrific for your skin, especially pure sea salt from a reputable brand like the one pictured above. A natural detoxifier, sea salt helps remove toxins from the skin and exfoliates dead skin cells as you rinse it off. Unlike table salt, sea salt isn't processed in any way, and so it retains the same detoxifying properties of the salt that gathers on your skin after a dip in the ocean. 

I have also started putting jars of this at various intervals in my house, for the fragrance and for its aesthetic; a mason jar full of salts, beach glass, and shells turns your kitchen table into a beachy vacationland. 

And hey, dancers, why not? It is, after all, the off-season. 

No comments:

Post a Comment